Nothing quite like a lazy Sunday afternoon turned into late night worth of watching fringe sports and the US Masters World Series of Darts checks all the boxes.
- The sport is seemingly easy enough to where you think you could be in this competition after an hour of practice. CHECK
- The absurd PA announcer with an accent whose able to energize the crowd into a frenzy. CHECK
I want whatever this man is on pic.twitter.com/PPKnjdvvyl
— Typical Wavelengths (@typicalwaveleng) July 17, 2017
- The announcer comfortably calling the game with a straight face not acknowledging the ridiculous circumstances. This also comes along with bringing an “expert strategist” former champion as color commentator and responsible to teach audience strategy, a sideline reporter who doesn’t understand what is occurring at all and crazy fan groups who groupie under names such as “barney’s army”. CHECK
- Competitors of all shapes and sizes that you couldn’t peg as people who belong on a cable sports network, with nicknames like “Iceman”.
- A free car giveaway. CHECK
I only have two problems with the Darts championship, I don’t know if this would affect the gameplay but having professionals use the 20 pointer for a straightaway seems too easy. Seeing the players drink from a pitcher of ice water doesn’t feel right. A bar game like darts should not let the competitors drink anything weaker than a Bud Light.